[mythtv-users] Yet another motherboard Grrr. The ASUS M2N-MX SE PLUS

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 23 18:20:19 UTC 2008

> PCI: BIOS Bug: MCFG area at e0000000 is not E-820-reserved
> PCI: Not using MMCONFIG
> 0000:00:07.0 Invalid Mac address detected: b5:52:17:C6:1f:00
> Please complain to your hardware vendor. Switching to a random MAC.

The MAC address is the hardware address of your network adapter. This is very strange, I've worked in LAN networking for 20 years
 and never come across that. It's the right number of digits so I'm not sure why it's complaining.

> Possibly unrelated (but still an annoyance), I have tried installing
> an ASUS PCIe GeForce 6200 video card into the system. Even with the
> BIOS set to give first priority to the PCIe slot, the machine insists
> on just using the on-board video...

There may well be a BIOS setting which allows you to disable the onboard video. It may not be the machine - it might be Linux. Disabling things in the BIOS doesn't always mean they're switched off.

It looks like you might just have a buggy BIOS. have you searched for an update?

Mark