[mythtv-users] Jetway JNC62K

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Mon Jun 23 17:59:39 UTC 2008

Mitch Gore wrote:
> Anyone ever used one of these?

I've had two attempts at using Jetway boards. Both are J7F4 boards, one
is fanless, the other is fanfull :-)

The fanless board is completely unreliable, in that the tiny heatsink
causes the CPU to overheat in no time. This is without any overclocking.
In fact, it still overheats if underclocked to 1 GHz (the board is rated
at 1.2 GHz) and left at 100% CPU for a while (such as during a
transcoding job).

The board with fan has a 1.5 GHz CPU and is less reliable, but it still
sometimes crashes. Its heatsink is also very small compared to Via Epia
boards that have the same CPU and a comparable chipset on them.

I've ditched the fanless board but am still using the other-one.

I don't know about the specific Jetway board you're asking about, but I
suggest you have a close look at photos of it and other manufacturers'
comparable boards.

Cheers, Jan