[mythtv-users] two video sources, was Re: EPG for Digitenne radio stations?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 23 14:26:40 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> So can it be done?
>> 2 videosources on one physical card and with virtual tuners?
>>
>> How is it supposed to be done?
>> Channels also link to the videosource.
>> So why the double reference?
>>
>> Or what am I missing?
>
> If you have 2 "sources" of video that are both on the same input, they
> /must/ be combined into a single source before you give the data to
> MythTV.  XMLTV provides a tool to do this.

How would this work?
I have EPG data (for the radio stations) and XML data from tvgids.nl for
TV-channels.
How can XMLTV combine this?

I have one card with several virtual tuners.
It's just that there's got to be a connection made to the card from the
EPG-based video source so that EPG info is grabbed.

Udo