[mythtv-users] Easy way to move recordings to another machine?

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 13:24:09 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks for the assistance.
>>>
>>> So I make sure I'm doing this right, here's my current configuration:
>>>
>>> Master backend - recordings stored locally under /var/video/recordings
>>> Slave backend - recordings stored locally under /var/video/recordings
>>>
>>> What mount points / storage group would I need to set up to allow each
>>> machine write access to each other's var/video/recordings?
>>
>> That won't work because the same physical storage needs to be mounted in the
>> same place on both machines. What you currently have described has two
>> different physical locations mounted to the same place on both machines. As
>> the previous poster stated, you would need something like this:
>>
>> Master backend:
>>   /mnt/master/video/recordings - this is local
>>   /mnt/slave/video/recordings - this is NFS
>> Slave backend:
>>   /mnt/master/video/recordings - this is NFS
>>   /mnt/slave/video/recordings - this is local
>
> OK - I'll rename my directory names like this.  Then, I add both to
> the default storage group?
>
> Are y'all using Autofs for NFS mounting, or just placing the
> directories in your fstab?

I updated my master backend this weekend to put both machine's shared
directories into the Default Storage Group.  I noticed something,
though - how do you delete Storage Groups, and how do you delete
directories from Storage Groups?  I truncated the storagegroup table
using the mysql CLI, but surely that isn't the best method, is it?