[mythtv-users] Can't get HDHR to send IR info

Jason Weida jason.m.weida at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 13:47:13 UTC 2008

I can't seem to get the HDHR to send IR traffic to my mythbox.  I downloaded
DTV36 conf file (for my DTV "peanut" remote) and copied it to
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf.  I have setup the HDHR to send ir to my
mythbackend/frontend with:

hdhomerun_config 1013xxxx set /ir/target "192.168.2.101:5000 no_clear"

Then, I killed the running lircd and re-launched with:

lircd -H udp -d 5000

Then, I started irw to see if I was getting anythng.  Nothing showed
up with keypresses from my DirecTV peanut remote.

sudo tcpdump -nS -i eth1

shows nothing as well.  Anyone have any idea where I can start to look for
the problem?  Maybe the router is blocking port 5000?  Maybe my ubuntu box
is not configured to receive traffic on port 5000?  Is there supposed to be
an talkback LED on the HDHR, because it's not showing anything when I key
the remote?  Thanks for any help!