[mythtv-users] DVB-S problems with 0.21

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sat Jun 21 22:17:59 UTC 2008

HI!

I am in the process of switching from DVB-C to DVB-S and I am
encountering some problems while testing things out.

When I enter the base transponder (Astra Europe) and scan, it only finds
a few channels.

When I then scan on existing transponders it does not find more channels.

When I import a channels.conf, it scans while importing. In previous
MythTV versions, it just imported the channels.conf and was done.

Suddenly, I had all transponders twice. One time with minimum
information (I guess from importing channels.conf) and one with full
information (I guess from Myth's own scan). I then deleted each
transponder with the minimum information (by pressing D and confirming
for each transponder, which tool a while). Then I scanned again for
channels.

When I start mythbackend, I get messages like these:
2008-06-21 16:10:37.575 DVBChan(3:0) Warning: Your frequency setting
(12544750) is out of range. (min/max:950000/2150000)
2008-06-21 16:10:38.367 DVBChan(7:1) Warning: Your frequency setting
(12544750) is out of range. (min/max:950000/2150000)

Still the channels seem to work OK.

Now, my questions are:
What is the correct and recommended way to scan for channels?

What are these frequency warnings? Are they serious? How can I fix that?

The hardware is OK, because everything works fine with VDR for example.

Thanks!

Regards,
Thomas