[mythtv-users] Looking at new OTA ATSC tuners, which would be better to get, PCIe or PCI?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 12:13:03 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 2:28 AM, Justin The Cynical
<cynical at penguinness.org> wrote:
> The only advantage I can think of would be the assurance that multiple
> tuners going at once would not have any issues with bus congestion.
>
> Are there any other advantages?

Neither... Power supply issues aside I'm VERY happy with my HDHomeRun.
It allows you to buy a smaller frontend without worrying about the
number of open slots and basically takes driver issues out of the
equation during system/kernel upgrades.

Richard