[mythtv-users] Low-Profile Video Card Source ???

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 08:15:47 UTC 2008

Every Nvidia [5-7][2-3]00 I have ever seen has been low profile ready
(granted, these total about 5 cards).  The VGA at the "top" of the bracket
is always connected to the card by a ribbon, while the DVI and TV connectors
are soldered to the board.

(yes, I am top posting.  I have been expanding my email horizons lately, and
have discovered that the rest of the civilized world finds bottom posting
strange and confusing)

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 2:41 AM, David Rees <drees76 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> > Thanks. Funny but I tried several vendors but never thought of NE, even
> though
> > I deal with them a lot.
>
> Yeah, they're usually the first place I look for parts.
>
> > $30 for a 5200 seems pretty reasonable, even if the whole rest of the
> machine
> > cost less :-)
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814145067
>
> This Chaintech card has a $10 rebate, so it's only $20.99. If you
> search for "Low Profile Ready" cards instead of just "Low Profile",
> there is a $25 card with a $5 rebate, but it doesn't come with a
> low-profile bracket.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814141052
>
> > Thanks for tiny-ing up the URL as well, mailers often wrap long ones.
>
> Yeah, that URL was super long without tinyurl!
>
> -Dave

Chris Ribe
TV/IT Engineer
WCJB-TV/DT Gainesville, FL