[mythtv-users] Can't see thumbnails in mythweb for recordings of CIFS share

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 21 05:25:49 UTC 2008

On 06/20/2008 01:25 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

>  On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Gabe Rubin wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> >
> >> I'd suggest just changing the folder that the thumbnails are
> >> stored/created in.  Nothing like avoidance to solve a problem :)
> >
> > Excuse my ignorance, but how exactly would I go about doing that?

Do you have a time machine?  Should just require a trip to the future.
If you don't mind coming back to let me know when I finish that code,
I'd be very grateful to know.  :)

> > I thought by default that myth just creates them in the same folder
> > the recordings are in and that this was not user configurable.
> > This seems like a much easier solution to me than setting up SFU.
>
>  Hmm, maybe I'm thinking of the MythVideo cover location.  I think I
>  am...sorry.

Or perhaps you've seen the commented out line in
libs/libmyth/storagegroup.cpp:

const QStringList StorageGroup::kSpecialGroups = QStringList()
    << "LiveTV"
//    << "Thumbnails"
    << "DB Backups"
    ;

which I put in place--along with the commented "DB Backups" line--as an
example of how to initialize the list with multiple values, since when
my patch for special group creation went in, the only special storage
group was LiveTV.  I thought I would have the Thumbnails storage group
code (which allows users to specify a storage group in which to store
thumbnails--regardless of recording location--providing /many/
benefits).  It turns out I got initial automatic backup (before upgrade)
support complete before the Thumbnail support.

Or maybe you just remembered my promises on the list and assumed I had
already followed through with code.  :)

Mike