[mythtv-users] Problems with transcoded HD playback

Jason Weida jason.m.weida at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 20:05:11 UTC 2008

Hi Paul,
I'm trying to set up my system to transcode all my recordings for the same
reason (slow frontend).
Sorry I don't have any input on your particular issue, but I was hoping you
might give me a tip.  What video size are you using?  I just tried to
transcode a recording (manually from the "watch recordings" screen), and it
chugged away for a while, but didn't seem to do anything.  The video was
still in HD.  I'm thinking that after the transcode, the resultant video did
not show up in the "watch recordings" screen.  How can you get to transcoded
recordings, is there something special you have to do to get them added to
the list?

I welcome your input and will gladly help you if I can somehow once I get up
and running.  I also use the HDHomerun, so it sounds like we have a fairly
similar setup.

Jason