[mythtv-users] ATI supports linux

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 05:48:26 UTC 2008

I haven't seen this here, so I thought I'd drop it in from Slashdot
(sorry if I duplicated)
Linux driver comes with Radeon HD 4850:

=================
Michael writes "Back in September AMD had announced a new ATI Linux
driver as well as opening up their GPU specifications, and today they
have taken an additional step to better support the Linux OS. With the
just-announced Radeon HD 4850 RV770 they have provided same-day Linux
support, and the Linux driver is now shipping alongside the Windows
driver on their product CDs. In addition, they are encouraging their
AIB partners to showcase Tux on the product packaging as a sign of
Linux support. Last but certainly not least, AMD is committed from
top-to-bottom product support on Linux and they will be introducing
high-end features in their Linux driver such as MultiGPU CrossFire
technology. Phoronix has a run-down on AMD's evolutionary leap in
Linux support along with information on the open-source support for
the RV770 GPU."

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/06/19/2113242&from=rss

The last link in the  article mentions that they are supplying source

--
Brad Fuller
www.bradfuller.com