[mythtv-users] What version of PCI on my mobo?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jun 19 23:24:39 UTC 2008

David Whyte wrote:
> After using myth for four years it is time to spread the love and I am
> setting up a backend for my brother.
>
> He has a HP Pavillion a340a, which is an old P4 on Intel 845GL chipset.
>
> I am looking for a capture card that does Australian DVB-T, is well
> supported by mythbuntu, has on-board MPEG2 encoding and hopefully had
> RF pass-through for chaining multiple cards together.
>
> I have seen the Leadtek DTV1000T which is all of the above (though I
> am not certain on the onboard encoding given the price) and they are
> available for AU60 dollars.

DVB cards do not need to encode anything, the digital signal is already
encoded (mpeg2).

I have a LeadTek 1000T and can vouch for it, in Brisbane, Australia.

> The only catch is that they need PCI slots
> at version 2.3.

Never heard of that before, I can't imagine any Mobo will have an issue
with a PCI card, baring lack of slots.

Which is the main issue - most mobo's only have 2 PCI slots. You'd be
better off getting a twin tuner such as the Nova-500.

Have you looked at http://umart.com.au ? excellent prices.

--
Lindsay
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blackpaw1/album