[mythtv-users] Listings for radio channels on freesat

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 23:01:49 UTC 2008

On 19/06/2008, Robin Neatherway <robthebob at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There is also a per-channel Use-EIT flag. When this is set, data is grabbed via
>  > EIT, but if the channel also exists in your <source>.xmltv file, the xmltv
>  > grabber will also update it (as I understand things).
>  >
>  > My radio channels are set up that way (UK Freeview). All have the EIT flag set,
>  > and I edited them out of the <source>.xmltv file which is just left with the TV
>  > channels I am interested in.
>

> Yes I know about, and like, this behaviour. I was wondering
>  particularly about using multiple XMLTV grabbers on a single video
>  source. This doesn't seem to be catered for, unless you can have
>  multiple video sources for each capture card input, which seems
>  unlikely. However, I'm sure it can be achieved through slightly
>  unconventional means, I'm just not sure exactly how.

Not a problem if you run the grabber and mythfilldatabase manually via
cron or similar. Generate your XMLTV data file(s) containing listings
for a subset of the channels on a videosource, and run
mythfilldatabase for each file, specifying the --sourceid and --update
flags. Each update should only update those channels specified in the
XMLTV data, leaving the other channels assigned to the videosource
untouched.

You can only have 1 videosource assigned to a card input (via Input
Connections) but you can have multiple listings sources providing
source for a single videosource.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: