[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase channel updates

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Jun 19 20:55:31 UTC 2008

On Jun 19, 2008, at 12:40 PM, Mike LaPlante wrote:

> Well, I was just getting rid of the Spanish and home shopping
> channels. >.<
>
> Brad's method worked fine. I just used mythweb to delete them all. I
> suppose I could have done that instead of editing my SchedulesDirect
> line up, but I'm hoping that getting rid of them on the SD site might
> speed things up.
>
> You'd think the less channels it has to download, the less stress it
> puts on SD servers, not to mention faster DB searches, and faster
> guide
> listings, etc.

You should delete them in both places because the next time you run
mythfilldatabase (using default options) the channels selected in SD
that do not appear in your database will be inserted back in. You have
to run with --remove-new-channels to avoid that from happening. And
yeah.. the fewer the channels, the less stress, less time, etc, etc.