[mythtv-users] Nokia N800 (was Re: Comcast to drop analog cable

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 17:07:52 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 11:16:26AM -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> >      I have 1.0rc1-maemo.26.n800 on mine, and so far, I haven't run
> across
> >      anything it won't play.  It has some frame rate problems with some
> FLV
> >      files, though.
> >
> >    My P4 3Ghz has framerate problems playing Flash from [2]hulu.com in
> Firefox
> >    so don't feel bad :)
>
> So, has anyone figured out how to youtubex hulu?  Be interesting to
> know if mplayer could play those same files on your machine...

Not that I've seen.  It's just in their flash player only.  It works fine on
Linux (other than the performance) so it's easy enough for me to fire up
Firefox to watch.  I'd love to embed the player into a web part in MythTV
but that will probably have to wait for the QT webpart to support flash.  It
could work as an embedded firefox window but the hulu player also lacks any
kind of keyboard controls so it's kinda hard to manipulate externally.

Kevin