[mythtv-users] ticket locking

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Jun 19 14:25:25 UTC 2008

> The size of the codebase was not under my direct influence.

> Is the code, the compiler, etc so flaky?

> Don't say I told you there might be a leak.

You need to tone it down a bit. You may not intend it, but a lot of
your posts are coming across as quite abrasive.

Also, you seem to not comprehend just how complex of an issue this is,
and how difficult it is to track down. There are hundreds of people in
this list alone running mythtv, and none of them seem to have run into
your memory leak problem. When only one out of many sees an issue, it
usually because of some very specific config/hardware issue, and thats
often extremely difficult to track down. It could be something really
really obscure and bizzare, like the driver for a particular piece of
hardware you have misbehaves when a particular second piece of
hardware is installed, and it only causes an issue when 3 specific
myth options are simultaneously enabled.

You must not be a programmer, because if you were you'd be well aware
of how you can bang your head on the wall for days trying to track
down way less obscure bugs.

--
Ron
Ronald Frazier Photography - http://www.ronfphoto.com/