[mythtv-users] MythAlarmClock?

Andreas linuxdreas at launchnet.com
Thu Jun 19 00:20:51 UTC 2008

Am Mittwoch, 18. Juni 2008 16:42:41 schrieb Brad DerManouelian:
> On Jun 18, 2008, at 3:39 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
> > I listen to the radio over DVB-S as live tv (although of course there
> > is no video stream). Is there a way to get myth to go into Live TV and
> > switch to a particular channel at an arbitrary time? Could this be
> > done via perl/python script and cron/at perhaps?
>
> Yup. You'll need to write a script that exercises the telnet socket of
> your frontend and make a cron job to execute it at a particular time.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Telnet_socket

I just "discovered" Mythfrontend's telnet interface myself. In scripts, I
use netcat to send commands to the interface. A line like

mythstatus=`netcat -i 1 -t localhost 6546 <<<"jump statusbox" |
grep -c -e 'OK'`

tells Mythfrontend to show the status page and the variable 'mythstatus' is
1 if successfull and 0 if the command failed.

--
Gruß
Andreas