[mythtv-users] Listings for radio channels on freesat

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 22:29:35 UTC 2008

On 18/06/2008, Robin Neatherway <robthebob at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm interested in recording a few radio programmes to listen to on my
>  phone later. I'm currently using freesat in the UK so was wondering
>  what people would suggest for getting listings for these channels.
>  Currently I am thinking about the following options:
>
>  * radiotimes xmltv feed. I use this for all my other channels, but it
>  doesn't appear to carry data for the radio channels based on
>  tv_grab_uk_rt --list-channels | grep -i radio

I put in a request with the Radio Times a few weeks ago to add radio
channels (and a few other channels currently unavailable) to the XMLTV
feed. I'm waiting to hear back from them as to whether this is
possible. I'd rather they dropped all of the shopping channels
listings and replaced them with useful ones!

>  * bleb xmltv feed. This appears to have data for the radio channels,
>  but I'm not sure how Myth would like using two xmltv grabbers. It
>  doesn't have listings for all the channels and the listings seem to be
>  lower quality on average so I wouldn't want to move all my channels to
>  this feed.

It's not a problem to use multiple grabbers for different channels, as
long as you keep the XMLTV IDs associated with the correct grabber.
You might want to use the '--update' option with mythfilldatabase to
stop new channels being created. My setup currently uses DVB-T EIT for
radio channels, and tv_grab_uk_rt for all others.

>  * Now and Next EIT. Probably the easiest option, and I guess it would
>  catch what I wanted most of the time.

Possible - but you might miss a recording if you're recording a long
programme and the EIT grabber cannot grab the now/next information.

>  * Freesat EPG. Patch-time! Would rather avoid this, merely because it
>  is the most invasive, but would be prepared to do it if no other good
>  option presented itself.

Haven't tried this yet, but it might be a goer.

DVB-T EIT:

If you have a DVB-T card available, you could use that to grab the
7-day radio listings via EIT (either interrnally in MythTV or via a
grabber like tv_grab_dvb).

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: