[mythtv-users] media mvp

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 20:46:35 UTC 2008

Kevin Robbins wrote:
> Once again, awesome feedback! This particular "frontend" is intended to go
> in my  3 year olds room  and needs to be able to do videos  and pre recorded
> programs  with ease. Now I guess I am leaning towards the apple TV again to
> have an actual frontend without network boot, that confuses the crap outta
> me.

The network boot is the hardest part, once you get it to work, it just works so
long as you don't go changing things around on the device booting it.

The VLC stuff is invisible once it is setup and working and the mvpmc
automatically uses it when something is viewed from the filebrowser that does
not have a mp3 or mpg extension.

But there is setup to be done on both of them.

                            Roger