[mythtv-users] ticket locking

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Jun 18 16:59:45 UTC 2008

On Jun 18, 2008, at 9:23 AM, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

> Paul Bender wrote:
>>> That supports my idea that my observation was really a special case.
>>
>> Congrats.
>>
>> You admit believe that your problem is a special case yet you
>> refuse to
>
> refuse?
> can't/don't know/etc.
> Don't make me appear as unwilling to assist insolving a case.

You said you won't load valgrind. Now you'll have to wait until
someone else reproduces your situation WITH valgrind in order to give
the devs something to start with.

> Also I was believing that MythTV was designed to (also) record TV.
> Over here it does so, 24/7 for 3 channels using 7 virtual tuners on
> one
> real card.
> Because recording is all it does and because recording is the main
> feature of MythTV it was strange to see it grow this big. This should
> have been notice before by someone else!?

You're the first. If you can't provide the devs with the information
they request, you have to wait patiently until someone else runs
across the problem and can provide the information required to
investigate.

If this were a corporate software company, the Quality Assurance team
would replicate your environment as closely as possible and run
valgrind to see where the memory leak is. This is open source. There
is no QA department. We are all QA and you're the only one with your
environment that is causing the issue.