[mythtv-users] All day and I am nowhere

peter at vanderwal.us peter at vanderwal.us
Wed Jun 18 07:35:54 UTC 2008

> 1) Latest problem is that I cannot get sound out both S/PDIF and
> Analog at same time.  I did this on my P4 prototype but I can't get it
> to work on the new system.  Basically, when I set it up the way I did
> with the P4 system, I get S/PDIF out but the analog goes mute.   That
> setup in myth general setup is:
-snip-
> I cannot find a setting or myth setup that will give me analog audio
> when S\PDIF bypss is selected.

I've done this in the past.  It's not a MythTV thing, it's an ALSA thing.
I don't remember the exact details, but you have to use asound.rc or
asound.conf to create a virtual device that splits the audio and sends it
to both S/PDIF and analog.
I think it's in the MythTV howtos somewhere, maybe the digital sound howto.

Good luck.