[mythtv-users] question

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Wed Jun 18 01:56:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 6:03 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 June 2008 18:43:20 I am Da Best wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am new to MythTV i have few questions
>>
>> can i setup multiple channels for recording at same time?
>> is it possible that i setup a mythtv box at one location and watch it from
>> another location via internet? Client Server ?
>> or can I setup another server on different location which connected to main
>> mythtv box and record programs locally over internet?
>
> Yes, yes and maybe.
>
> Look at the Wiki and previous posts here for details, but I often record 3
> programs at once. You can watch remotely using mythweb and other methods.
>
> I don't understand what "record programs locally over the internet" means, if
> you are local why would you need the internet?
>
> beww

There is a product called hdhome run that is a RX that outputs on the
internet.  Any number of backend servers can record from it, I assume.
 However, I think this would be local so your over the internet would
be a local network.

I have read of people recording a large number of programs at once.
In addition, I think  you can have multiple backend machines recording
all accessible to various frontends on the same network.  I doubt this
could be carried out into the cloud.

Allen