[mythtv-users] via m10000

Kevin Robbins robbinsck1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 13:40:44 UTC 2008

Hey list,  I have recently purchased 2 Epia-m 10000 boards and am determined
to get them up and running as front ends. I have nbeen playing with one for
4 days now and I still can't seem to figure out why it has skippy (stalling
briefly) playback during liveTv and recordings. Video playback works fine.

I am using the unichrome drivers right now which I think  were a little
improvement over the open chrome drivers that were selected by default. The
best improvement was made by switching the playback options to normal and
choosing via Xvmc for all the choices. So far this has all been trial and
error for me. I've googled so much all the sites are visited but I still
can't find an actual recommended setting for the m10000.

There has to be some just plain straight forward perfect setting for this
motherboard/graphics, it seems to be widely used. If someone could lend a
hand I promise to make a detailed wiki on what I learn.

Thanks,
Kevin