[mythtv-users] Freesat, UK and which internal card ?

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Tue Jun 17 10:42:07 UTC 2008

2008/6/17 Paul <thannet at gmail.com>:
> I have the sad state of affairs that Freeview around where I live is
> marginal to say the least, get so many dropouts with my Nova-T 500 that
> I am considering going over to Freesat. Can anyone confirm which
> internal cards work? Quite fancy the idea of HD too. Did read at some
> stage there where issues with the EPG ?

I've just bought a Technotrend S-1401 which seems to work OK with
2.6.24, I've not got my dish up yet to try out the signal but the card
is detected and I have no nasty error messages.

As for the EPG, I noticed a patch went into trunk last week to decode
the EIT data. I'm not sure if this is going into -fixes (I've not been
following the -dev thread) but i'm going to try apply the patch to
fixes soon.

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/