[mythtv-users] What IR receiver do you use?

Carl Reynolds mythtv-users at hyperbole-software.com
Tue Jun 17 05:19:21 UTC 2008

Hi Everyone,
I have a system I've been running MythTV on for a couple of years. I've
been using a keyboard to control the system, but am interested in
hooking up an IR receiver to use a remote.

I wanted to find out what receivers other people are using that might be
a good choice for me.

I would like to connect the receiver to a USB port on the machine and I
have a Universal Electronics remote I would like to try. I think what I
want is a universal receiver, but I'm not sure about that.

I do know that I would like the receiver to come with at least some
documentation as to how to use it and how to set up the remote and/or
the receiver so they will work with each other. I actually have an IR
receiver that I got several years ago with no documentation and have
recently tried to get it to work, but not been able to get it to receive
a signal from the remote and give it to lirc, so I think documentation
with the receiver is probably pretty important.

I would appreciate any suggestions you might have about the IR receivers
you're using and how easy you found them to setup.

Thanks,
Carl.