[mythtv-users] Comcast to drop analog cable

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 02:57:26 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> My general thoughts are that by 2010 I'll get most of my media over
> some sort of tcpip connection and not really care about this. With
> NetFlix providing more than enough media to keep me busy via their
> Watch Instantly service they're just the first example of how I expect
> to see most everything. There's already media being done for the web.
> The networks will figure out how to deliver info directly or other
> news organizations will appear at net broadcasters. I'm not going to
> pay Comcast for all the media I'd like to watch - the networks, HBO,
> Showtime, etc., so I'm already watching the bulk of it time shifted
> anyway. As net broadcasting becomes more prevelent it will only become
> easier, not harder, I think, to get what I want when I want it. Think
> youTube in real time.
>
> Just my general thoughts about why I don't really care 2-3 years from
> now, but only time will tell.
>
> - Mark

I have to agree with you here as well. Just like the days of the
laminated plastic disc  are numbered, so is content coming down a coax
cable or via satellite. It probably won't be as soon as 2010, but I
would venture to guess it won't be that much longer until one could
get by with a fast internet connection and have more than enough
content to watch.