[mythtv-users] Can't transcode DVB-T radio

Stephen Bridges widget at stdin.co.uk
Sun Jun 15 17:24:20 UTC 2008

On Sunday 15 June 2008 15:41:10 jonny Linux wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Stephen Bridges <widget at stdin.co.uk> wrote:
> > I can't run mythtranscode on DVB-T files that don't have a video stream
> > since
> > using myth 0.21.  Nuvexport does this:
>
> Is there any particular reason you're transcoding them? The usual way would
> be to run dvbradioexport.pl (in the contrib directory). You can set it up
> as a user job. It exports recordings into an mp3 file.

Uh, well, because I didn't know about that :)  Mythtranscode did work on radio
in 0.20 and so nuvexport could export honouring cutlists, on the other hand.

Also, I don't think mythtranscode should segfault even if it can no longer
encode radio.  At least I can get stuff on my mp3 player again though!

Stephen.