[mythtv-users] Can't watch TV

Mir Islam mislam at mirislam.com
Sun Jun 15 16:13:51 UTC 2008

ok turns out Xubuntu/Mythbunu 8.04 is missing firmware dvb-fe-nxt2004.fw
in the distribution. After downloading it using instructions at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV_Feisty_hardware_list (look
under Avermedia) and putting it the firmware directory I started to pick
up ATSC channels. Woohoo !

Although looks like using /usr/bin/scan and using mplayer to view it, I
am picking up more channels than Myth's scanner. Any idea why would that be?

Thanks
Mir