[mythtv-users] Recording all (movies/sports/...) on a specific channel

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Sun Jun 15 10:42:49 UTC 2008

Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> Howto question: is it possible to automatically record all movies (or
> other categories) on a specific channel, without having to manually
> schedule them individually?

Sorry, answered my own question. I couldn't find how to do it using
Mythweb, but it's reasonably straightforward using the frontend.

For the benefit of the archives, the answer is that you set up a 'power
recording' rule using criteria such as the following:

lower(channel.callsign) in ('bbc1','bbc2')
AND program.category in ('film','movie')

The latter depends on how your grabber categorises shows.

Thanks, Jan