[mythtv-users] Myth Scheduler doesn't work as expected for two tuners & multirecord=2

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Jun 15 02:47:50 UTC 2008

On Jun 14, 2008, at 7:14 PM, Phil Bridges wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> Actually, LiveTV is /not/ a common usage at all.  At least when it
>> comes
>> to the devs, LiveTV is probably the most uncommon usage you can
>> find for
>> MythTV.
>>

> Which begs the question - if it's not going to be actively supported,
> why is it an option at all?

Some devs considered pulling the feature completely because it's so
unwieldily to support. The only reason they left it in I think is
because they use it to test their tuners to make sure it's working
without having to set up a schedule. From what I remember, Isaac went
through and rewrote most of LiveTV so people would stop complaining
about how bad it was and didn't do things like start recording from
the beginning of a program when you hit record mid-way through the
program. That was his "gift" to everyone complaining. I guess it
wasn't enough.

I'll tell you one thing.. if LiveTV become amazingly stable and
feature-rich to do everything everyone could ever want and I don't get
support for an HD-PVR or any other more important things on the wish
list, I wouldn't be very happy about it.