[mythtv-users] Myth Scheduler doesn't work as expected for two tuners & multirecord=2

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 01:46:50 UTC 2008

>Not wanting to start an argument, but I couldn't disagree more. Although
having Myth's ability to record shows is something I've been looking for for
ages, the ability to watch live TV is just as important. If I was >to tell
my other half "No, you can't watch Lost now, you've got to wait for it to
finish and then give it 20 minutes to flag commercials" she'd give me the
ear-bashing of a lifetime. (Although speaking personally I'd >love to be
able to stop at "No, you can't watch Lost", but then she'd probably leave
me...)

>Now, clearly, this is the dev's project and they can do what they want with
it. I don't have a problem with that. I'll work out my own way to achieve
what I want. But for me Live TV is as important as recorded TV. >Especially,
for instance, when it comes to sports. As it stands, I do what you suggest
and have a separate input for Live TV and use that most of the time. But it
would be Cool (with a capital 'C') if I could have a >Linux box as the hub
of my home entertainment system and never have to switch away from it. I
could junk so many black boxes, and that would make the other half happy..:)

>Mark

Couldn't agree more, well stated Mark. I too am trying to use my Myth box as
the hub of my entertainment center/server, the lack of proper LiveTV support
is it's only failing for me ...
(I have got rid of all my other boxen ..... ;-)

Cheers,
Bernie.