[mythtv-users] Switching between Mythtv and Amarok

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 14 16:04:51 UTC 2008

On 06/14/2008 11:50 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Note that even if you didn't create a script called amarok that
> backgrounds the GUI app, it may still work that way.  I.e. if amarok
> works like the firefox executable script that (eventually, through
> run-mozilla.sh) starts the firefox-bin GUI backgrounded, LIRC events
> won't be properly "focused".

And then I realized that my example was a poor example because although
firefox/mozilla use a series of scripts to start the GUI, they don't
actually background it.  (The problem with only starting firefox once
every month or so is trying to remember how the start scripts work. :)
But, the idea applies.  If the amarok program is started by a script
(possibly even distributed as part of the package) that backgrounds the
process, LIRC focus won't work properly even when amarok is started from
mythfrontend.

Mike