[mythtv-users] Map Unavailable in Mythweather?

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 19:39:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Dr. Doug L. Hoffman
<hoffman at dlhoffman.com> wrote:
> Has anyone else been getting timeouts on US weather map downloads in
> mythweather? This started a few days ago. The other screens are
> populated with data but the map is missing.

Yup, all of the other pages are populated, but when the radar map page
shows a "Map Unavailable" message.

Mythweather had a similar problem in the past. I believe the cause was
related to the administration of the website that offers the maps. In
short, I think the web address to the map has changed in some way, and
the mythweather scripts need to be changed to accommodate the change
-- a task that I am unwilling to try. So I wait in hopes that the
developers will get to it.

I'd expect to hear more folks complain however. Perhaps its regional.
I'm located in Dixie. Are you trying to download images for a location
in this region as well?

Preston