[mythtv-users] TV Out with Live TV

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 13 14:28:37 UTC 2008

On Friday 13 June 2008 15:21:48 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Friday 13 June 2008 23:52:48 Mark Greenwood wrote:
> > I've just succeeded in getting my Nvidia TV Out working (in TwinView  Clone
> > mode) on my frontend (A Sony VAIO, Core II Duo 2GHz Nvidia 8400 512MB). The
> > backend is a 1.8GHz Athlon and they're connected by 100MBit ethernet. I've
> > noticed that I'm getting a fair amount of what you might call 'lag' on the
> > output picture.
>
> I think that's a problem with TwinView. Best performance is with 2 separate
> Xscreens.

Right thanks, that's helpful. Setting up 2 Xscreens is not something I've done - how do you tell Myth which screen to use? Or is it just a case of setting the TV to be the primary display?

In the long run I'm going to be having the backend connected to the telly anyway, and in that case I will use one X screen and that will be the TV, so this problem will go away anyway. For the record, I've found that I can use Nvidia-settings to switch off the laptop's flat panel while the TV is connected, and that does improve matters a little.

Mark