[mythtv-users] Mac Mini or PS3 best for 1080p FE

Mark J. Scheller mark.j.scheller at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 12:55:48 UTC 2008

I'm taking the plunge to HD.  In planning out my new system, I'm trying to
decide between using the PS3 or a Mac Mini for a Myth FE.  My installer has
suggested the PS3 for a Blu-Ray player, being an inexpensive option for
watching Blu-Ray movies, and I thought about using the PS3 for a FE as well.

My research shows that the PS3 as a Myth FE seems to be fairly difficult and
clunky at best.  The Mac Mini seems a much better proposition, but won't
give me the ability to play Blu-Ray DVDs.

Am I better off getting both?  Then I can leave the PS3 off unless watching
a movie (or playing a game) and save on its large power draw!

--
[MjS]