[mythtv-users] Fwd: ONLINE ORDER#XXXXXX HD PVR UPDATE

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Jun 13 02:33:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 04:47:29PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Thursday 12 June 2008 16:26:05 Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> > On Jun 12, 2008, at 3:21 PM, Matt Mossholder wrote:
> > > FYI, looks like the second batch of HD-PVRs will be getting fixes to
> > > the issues discovered in the first batch... anyone know what the
> > > issues were?
> >
> > Users are reporting overheating/freezing. Everyone who has one should
> > hook it up and capture some video for a little while to see if it
> > keeps cool or starts burning up. If the latter, time to RMA. The price
> > of being first on the block, I guess. :)
>
> I have one that does not overheat, even after many hours of capturing.
>
> The supplied Windows software does lock up every once in a while, both on an
> XP system and on Vista.
>
> Of course this just puts it in the same category as just about every Windows
> program I have ever tried to use, so I'm not inclined to blame the hardware
> at this time :-)

    When I try to update the driver with what's on the website I get a
Blue Screen of Death. All in all, the experience of needing to install
the drivers under windows in order to get the firmware updated has made
me less inclined to gripe about the state of drivers and driver installers
on Linux.

    It was a f*cking pain in the *ass.

    One guy is capturing successfully through the component inputs with
occasional glitches. I've tried to capture through the svideo and composite
input with no success. Once I took the HDHomeRun off of it, my unit cooled
down to something reasonable. Still might RMA it though.