[mythtv-users] Audio/video too fast on 2.6.25.4-10

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Fri Jun 13 01:22:37 UTC 2008

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Joe Ripley wrote:

> Have you noticed if the time/date on the machine runs too fast as
> well?  It could be a change with the timer frequency in your kernel.
> This is known to happen on improperly patched kernels for the XBOX:

I just ran a test, and the real-time clock is keeping correct time relative
to another PC.  (with ntpd turned off on the machine under test, left
running on the reference machine).

As a test, I compared clock output to the XMMS timer display, in 1 minute
of wall time it had played 1 minute 10 seconds of an .mp3 file.

> Did you compile the kernel yourself?

No, it's the 2.6.25.4-10 i686 binary kernel from fedora updates.