[mythtv-users] Firewire and F8

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 23:58:27 UTC 2008

> OK, so I used the "Delete All Capture Cards" option and got everything
> back.  Encoder 1 is my Analog portion of the pcHD5500, Encoder 2 is the
> Digital portion, and Encoder 3 is the Firewire from my DCT-3412 STB.  I
> have the Firewire setup to use Broadcast @ 100mbps.  However, there is
> one strange thing that I can't seem to find an answer to:  when I switch
> to a channel on Firewire, the audio is about 2 or 3 seconds ahead of the
> video.  I tried searching Gossamer threads but didn't see anything,
> although it IS possible that I missed it.
>
> Any ideas?  I'm SOOOO close now! :-)
>
> Thanks,
> Harry

Is your system being taxed?  That could cause issues.  Another thing to try
is record a show via the firewire then try and play the file in mplayer.
This will let us know if we should focus on Myth or the Firewire
connection.  (more than likely myth)

Also,  Do you have extra audio buffering enabled?

Mitchell