[mythtv-users] Fwd: ONLINE ORDER#XXXXXX HD PVR UPDATE

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jun 12 22:47:29 UTC 2008

On Thursday 12 June 2008 16:26:05 Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jun 12, 2008, at 3:21 PM, Matt Mossholder wrote:
> > FYI, looks like the second batch of HD-PVRs will be getting fixes to
> > the issues discovered in the first batch... anyone know what the
> > issues were?
>
> Users are reporting overheating/freezing. Everyone who has one should
> hook it up and capture some video for a little while to see if it
> keeps cool or starts burning up. If the latter, time to RMA. The price
> of being first on the block, I guess. :)

I have one that does not overheat, even after many hours of capturing.

The supplied Windows software does lock up every once in a while, both on an
XP system and on Vista.

Of course this just puts it in the same category as just about every Windows
program I have ever tried to use, so I'm not inclined to blame the hardware
at this time :-)

beww