[mythtv-users] OT: Motherboards with onboard nvidia and DVI output

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Jun 12 14:32:37 UTC 2008

At 10:25 AM +0100 6/12/08, Damian wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I've been looking at the
>ASUS M2N-VM DVI (GeForce7050PV + nForce630a Socket AM2 Motherboard),
>but have been put off it a bit for two reasons. Firstly, I'm reading
>about quite a few people having problems with the on board LAN.

I have been using this board for about 3 months now. I initially had
some trouble with the onboard LAN defaulting to 100Mb (my house is
1Gb), but that went away. Based on what I read, the LAN problems seem
to happen only at 10/100 speeds. I have had two cases where the LAN
simply stopped working unexpectedly in the middle of the night, but I
can't say for sure if this is the same issue you're talking about.

>  Secondly, I don't need microATX as I have a fairly big case, so
>maybe I should get a bigger board with more connectors?

If you can find one! There seem to be a lot more boards with ATI
graphics, or none at all, these days.

>I'm struggling to find other boards with both onboard nvidia and DVI
>output though.

I had the same problem. I originally bought a BIOStar board, but had
nothing but trouble getting it to boot, and ended up sending it back.