[mythtv-users] Mythweb bug--can anyone else confirm?

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Thu Jun 12 04:57:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 7:56 PM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/06/2008, Jonathan Larson <jtlarson at u.washington.edu> wrote:
>
>> Can anyone test this for me by scheduling a manual recording via mythweb and
>> modifying the subtitle field to something like 'test subtitle'? Once you
>> save the schedule, you can check how it was saved in "Upcoming Recordings"
>> or "Recorded programs." If this really is a bug, the subtitle should contain
>> a date stamp instead of whatever you entered.
>
> I see the same behaviour on a box running 0.21-fixes at r16505. Some
> of the relevant code is in
> mythplugins/mythweb/modules/tv/schedules_manual.php.
>[...]

Howdy Nick,

That's as far as I could get as well.  I enjoy digging into issues
like this -it is a great way to learn how mythtv works.
Unfortunately I've hit a road-block and could use a bit of help.
schedules_manual.php appears to process the data
after it is entered by the user (in this case $_POST['subtitle'] is
evaluated to see if it contains 'Use date/time'), but
I can't find where the actual input from the user is performed.  Could
some knowledgeable person point out where/how
'subtitle' gets assigned the data that the user entered?  When we find
that, I suspect we'll find the source of this bug.

Regards,

   Marc