[mythtv-users] ASUS M2N-VM DVI - 5.1 Sound?

peter at vanderwal.us peter at vanderwal.us
Wed Jun 11 20:45:26 UTC 2008

> Anyone now if this board
> (http://www.pcdirectsource.com/Item.cfm?ID=2196) supports
> analog 5.1 surround sound under mythbuntu? it uses the
> Realtek ALC662 chipset. Only has 3 analog outputs.

I have the Asus M2NPV-VM which I think is similar (I have a few more
ports, i.e. Component video, s-video, composite video, etc.)

It has three /stereo/ outputs.
Front speaker out (L/R)
Surround out (L/R)
Center/bass out

I'm pretty sure that's the same on both boards.

5.1 surround works fine in Mythtv, however I use the S/PDIF out and feed
it directly into my surround amp.  Getting 5.1 analog output in Myth is
easy, digital output is a pain though.