[mythtv-users] Mythback suddenly started can't connect

mat mat at lessermatters.co.uk
Wed Jun 11 21:24:51 UTC 2008

Mike LaPlante wrote:
> mat wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Again, I have problems. This happened over the weekend - I _think_ my OS
>> partition was full to the brim.
>>

> Have you tried rebooting or restarting mysqld since you cleared space on
> your drive?

I have yes, a couple of times...

BUT! in the last minute I've just made some progress. After trying to
figure out which mysql.txt mythbackend was using - I got it working. To
cut a long story short, I replaced my Ip address 192.168.0.6 with
localhost and it now starts. Something must have changed - I have run
flush privileges during my time of attempting to fix this.

I think I need to state my IP for remote frontends to work? Not that I
have any running at the moment as they are all on 0.21 and my backend is
on 0.20...another story.