[mythtv-users] Help! Can't change channels after upgrade

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 18:15:00 UTC 2008

On 10/06/2008, peter at vanderwal.us <peter at vanderwal.us> wrote:

>  The channels all show up in the OSD but it won't go to the new channel
>  when I select it.
>
>  Checked the logs and the backend error is:
>  TVRec(2): HW Tuner 2->2
>  Channel(/dev/video) Error: GetCurrentChannelNum(244): Failed to find Channel
>  Channel(/dev/video)::TuneTo(244): Error, failed to find channel

The tuning process is trying to access a channel that does not exist.

>  TVRec(2) Error: Failed to set channel 58
>  Finished recording:  channel 4294967295

That channel number looks very wrong to me. It's equal to 2^32 - 1,
which I don't think is intentional. Usually it's a 3, 4 or 5 digit
number created when the channel is added to MythTV.

>  TVRec(2) Error: GetProgramRingBufferForLiveTV()
>               Program Info is invalid.

Check your database for errors (use optimize_mythdb.pl, details on the
wiki and in the docs) and if that passes fine, check your channels
config in mythtv-setup to ensure that the channum and freqid fields
have sensible numbers in them.

The 'freqid' field is what the tuning script is being passed by the
backend to change channel on the STB. The 'channum' field is what you
would enter in mythfrontend on the remote to change channel. The
'chanid' field needs to be unique for each channel you have
configured.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: