[mythtv-users] firewire to DCH-3200 STB not working, without VIA fw (myth 0.21)

jimmy james ubuntuidiot at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 17:44:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Marc MERLIN <marc_mtv at merlins.org> wrote:

> I did that. Reset definitely broke things.
> plugreport showed it was still HA1/Node 1 GUID 0x001e46fffe6c0d04
> but I was not able to make it work after that

<...>

> I have mythtv 0.21 on ubuntu hardy. It ships with
> myth:~# mythprime -V
> mythprime version .55b beta
> and the primer is done from the init script before you start the backend

you can also try running mythprime manually with the -v (verbose) option for
detailed output of everything it is doing.  be sure to stop the backend
server first, as it can get in the way.

mythprime does reset the bus if things are unstable, but the way it is
currently coded is *not* the best way to do things... it was put together as
a temporary primer for 8.04.  if you PM me on the ubuntu forums
(majoridiot), i will send you a custom motorola-only primer i use during
development.  i will add a bus reset at the beginning of the process, to
hopefully force a node jump before it tries to prime.  if this works out for
you, i will add it as an option to mythprime, to help other people in a
similar situation.

regards-

idiot