[mythtv-users] HD recording

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Wed Jun 11 15:38:16 UTC 2008

Hello all.

I live in Vancouver, Canada.  I currently record my TV using analog input to a PVR-500, though I use a digital cable box for my regular TV viewing (I don't use my MtthTV box to watch live TV)

Anyway, with the cable companies apparently discontinuing analog service in February, I was thinking about moving to HD, as I have read some positive results of people being able to record HD via firewire.

My question: if I connect my MythTV box via firewire to an HD box and am recording a show, would I also be able to watch "live tv" at the same time on another channel with the same box?  I am guessing "no", but want to check here, as I am sure there are people here that know for sure :-)

I guess I am just trying to see how many HD units I am going to need to get :-)

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

-Alan