[mythtv-users] XvMC does not work on 720p!?

Marc Christensen comments at mecworks.com
Tue Jun 10 15:42:16 UTC 2008

R. G. Newbury wrote:
[snip]
> The nvidia driver can do xvmc (if your driver works with your kernel and
> distro...that appears to be the black art!)
>
> 2 things:
> a)	You need a section in xorg.conf:
>
>   Section "Extensions"
>        Option "Composite" "Disabled"
>   EndSection
>
> b)	You don't say, but are you using the same output to the projector? If
> so, are the resolutions the same? X may be mixed up when you change. If
> not, is that output enabled? If it is a 'TV-OUT' output, it may need to
> be specifically enabled. Check the Mythtv wiki xvmc page, and the NVidia
> Readme, which explains the switches.

Thanks.  I have a) taken care of.  See http://monoport.com/17516

As for the monitors, I wanted to make things as simple as possible in
order to narrow this down.  So I configure and use only one monitor at
at time, the projector is the only thing connected to my computer
currently and is the only output I have configured for this at the
moment.  I did a clean configuration for the computer monitor separately
and got that working only once, temporarily and I haven't been able to
get that working again either.  I'm also using either the VGA out for
the monitor or the DVI out for the projector but not the TV out in
either case.

Thanks for your suggestions, any other ideas?

--
Marc Christensen
http://blog.mecworks.com