[mythtv-users] recording from SCART

Pepijn Schmitz mythtv-users at chaos.demon.nl
Mon Jun 9 20:30:04 UTC 2008

David Watkins wrote:
> 2008/6/9 Pepijn Schmitz <mythtv-users at chaos.demon.nl>:
>
>> David Watkins wrote:

>>> The PVR150 has a separate audio input for recording from SVideo.
>>> You've just got to find the right cable with a SCART input on one end
>>> and SVideo and audio out on the other.
>>>

>>> SCART includes audio - you've just got to find the right cable.  Make
>>> sure you get the right direction ie SCART to SVideo/Audio, rather than
>>> SVideo/Audio to
>>>

>> I don't think those exist... I've searched far and wide, but every
>> SCART<->S-Video adapter (cable or plug type) I've ever found was only
>> for *input* of a S-Video signal. Even the ones that are switchable
>> between input and output only actually switch the audio and composite
>> video connectors.
>>

> Well I have to admit I've never used one but this looks like one
>
> http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=35910&DOY=4m6
>
> SCART to S-Video & Phono Leads
>
> Manufacturer: Nikkai Pure Connectivity
>
> It says amongst other things
>

> • Switchable as an input or output lead

I'd be willing to bet that it would turn out to be one of those where
the S-Video connector doesn't switch. I actually ordered an expensive
cable from Conrad very similar to this one thinking it would work, but
it turned out to also have a composite video connector, and that was the
one that switched...

I seem to remember that it was actually electrically impossible to make
a SCART adapter with S-Video input because the S-Video and the RGB
signals actually share some pins.

But who knows, maybe these guys figured it out... :-)