[mythtv-users] MythTV on AppleTV

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Mon Jun 9 17:34:08 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> The HD-PVR will only produce 720p or 1080i files. Component doesn't
> officially support 1080p (although you can get it to work in some
> cases). That aside, I would say the right drivers are needed to decode
> h.264 content and I'm not sure if they are available yet. CoreAVC
> looks promising but I haven't tried it. I have an HD-PVR sitting on my
> master backend just waiting for the driver to be released. I will
> report back to the list once I've got captures from it and can test on
> my AppleTV.

I understand tweaks are needed to get support into MythTV for the
HD-PVR.  But IIRC some people have reported the latest MPlayer will play
the sample files from the HD-PVR.  I was curious if anyone had tried
that with the AppleTV.

I too have an HD-PVR sitting in the box waiting for the drivers.  It
will do amazing things for the WAF, if and when it functions as
advertised.  An AppleTV as a silent, small, and attractive front end
will do even more.

Jeff.

--
I haven't smoked for 1 year, 9 months and 3 weeks, saving $2,981.67 and
not smoking 19,877.84 cigarettes.