[mythtv-users] Slightly OT LCD/Plasma TV 720 or 1080 UK

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 15:36:24 UTC 2008

> Dont be fooled by the hype.  With a 32-37" display the only time you would
> notice 1080p you would need to be sitting <3ft from the display.  Now you
> say you will some times drop back to a desktop and use it as a monitor.  If
> its on a desk and you pull a chair next to it 1080p might be worth it. But
> for normal TV viewing you will never notice 1080p on a 37" TV.
>
> http://www.carltonbale.com/2006/11/1080p-does-matter/
>
> Mitchell

I wouldn't think I'd ever be that close to it!  I think I'm sold on
the case that for watching TV then there is no need to 1080 on 37"
set.

How does the "desktop" resolution relate to the "TV" resolution  Would
you configure the graphics card/OS to the same resolution as the set?
(ie 1,366 x 768 for one Panasonic set I've just looked up)  If so then
1,920 x 1,080 seems a better.

Stephen.